Customer Success Manager
You will work with the founding team to build out our onboarding flow for Directors (teachers that open their own schools) on the One Preschool platform. You will report to the CEO. We expect you to be process oriented, sharp, fast paced, incredibly hard working, analytical, adaptive, a problem solver, and open to wearing many hats.
You will be the point person for new Directors as they navigate through the setup process with One Preschool. That means ensuring they launch and fill their schools the right way. You will help them obtain a license, guide them as they make business decisions about their program (such as pricing, hours, etc), provide support as they work to set up their environment appropriately, support in finding assistant teachers, and coordinate their first day of school.
The main role of this position is to build scalable solutions for teachers to achieve success on the One Preschool platform. This requires a strong sense of product, communication skills, customer service work, and process creation.
You will work on a cross-functional team with designers, engineers, and others on the operations team. You will be expected to visit teachers in person, manage communication over Slack, email, and Facebook Groups, and respond quickly to the needs of our teachers.
The ideal candidate can balance both the immediate needs of the company, such as growth in filling our schools, with the long term needs of the company, such as building scalable product. Experience in education is a plus.
The right person for this job is beyond excited to put in the work to succeed at a startup. You have impacted prior organizations you’ve been a part of, you are an incredible communicator, you have meticulous attention to detail, you are organized, you are a systems thinker and you immediately think about ways to automate or create a process for tasks instead of repeating them over and over.
- Support Directors through the licensing process: This part of the job is heavily automated today. When we expand to new states, you will need to research rules and helps teachers in new states receive licenses while we develop software. You will need to communicate learnings to the product team to build the best solution.
- Support Directors through the business decision process: You will need to put on your analytical and entrepreneurial hat to help Directors make major decisions about their business which will impact their livelihoods. It will require light financial modeling, market research skills, communicating with Directors to understand goals, persuasion to help Directors make the right decision for their business and tenacity to get the job done.
- Supporting Directors in hiring teachers: You will work with Directors to identify what type of teachers they need and help connect them to the right channels to find them. You will also be in charge of building out our network of teachers and substitute teachers to help our Directors achieve their daily goals.
- Build processes: You will use CRM’s and other off the self tools to build processes for our Directors to get through the setup process without product support when necessary. You will write playbooks that other team members can use and that the product team can use to develop product.
- Automate processes: You will take processes you’ve built and work with the CEO to determine what setup features to prioritize. You will work with the product team to develop automated experiences for Directors and you will test new features and provide feedback to the team.
- Product experience: You have worked with an engineering team before that's working on building scalable products.
- Builder: You have experience taking complex ideas, gathering information, and building a solution, through iteration, that automates the problem.
- Customer service skills: You are polite, likeable, quick to respond and helpful in times of need.
- Analytical skills: You are comfortable gathering data, analyzing data, presenting data, and making decisions with data. You have shown this in the past.
- Problem solving skills: You are a natural at asking the right questions, active listening, researching, and coming up with the right process to test assumptions to come up with solutions to problems presented you in many facets of a business.
- Scale & Process orientation: You have experience creating and implementing processes at scale. You know how to test new processes and ensure they are repeatable for different types of customers.
- Experience with automation: You have worked on a team that has build automated processes in the past.
- Emotional Intelligence: You are able to read people well and adapt your communication style to effectively support many different personality types with different levels of prior knowledge and experience.
- Self-starter: Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in to figure out how to best build new processes. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego… a positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
- Startup experience
- Experiencing impacting an organization, team, club, group of people
One Preschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $80K for this role.